Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

BC Home Learners' Association

As homeschoolers enrolled or registered with HCOS , I hope that you feel supported in your choice to educate your children at home.

Did you know that there is a grassroots organization in BC that represents all homeschoolers and provides: government liaison,legal referrals, consultation, newsletters, and networking with other homeschoolers?

"BCHLA is a registered non-profit society dedicated to the protection of the family's freedom to educate children at home with minimal government intervention."

When I was homeschooling my children, most of my years were as a registered homeschooler and I felt more confident knowing that, as a member of BCHLA, I was being supported in my choice. BCHLA represented homeschoolers to the government and were there to ensure the freedoms we have today to homeschool.

If you would like to know more about BCHLA, check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! If you'd like to comment and don't have an account, simply click on Name/URL in the dropdown menu and leave your name (no need to add URL). Thanks for your feedback!