Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Webkinz

www.webkinz.com

I have heard a lot about Webkinz this year, since several of my families have mentioned that their children use and love the program. So, of course, I had to check it out. I took a browse through the website, looking to see if it had any educational value, and this is the information I found:

Webkinz World is a great place to learn and play!
  • Your child can learn lots of fun facts at Quizzy's. The questions at Quizzy's are age-appropriate, and most are educationally based.
  • We also have several arcade games that promote learning:
    • Lunch Letters helps children to learn how to type and spell
    • Quizzy's Word Challenge aids in spelling
    • Operation Gumball encourages children to think logically
  • Webkinz Newz and the W Tales encourage reading, and our many contests encourage writing, creativity, and problem-solving.
  • Your child can learn about money in Webkinz World; by earning KinzCash, your child learns how to save and spend money.
  • Webkinz World also helps to teach children about responsibility, caring for a pet, and getting along with others.

Webkinz World is getting better and better all the time.
We hope you and your child will come on in and play!


If you are using this program with your children, please leave a comment and let me know what you think its educational benefits are. How has it helped your child? If you aren't using it, leave me a comment anyway. Either way, I'll enter your name in a draw for a gift certificate from.... well, that's a secret for now... ! Contest closes March 31st!

7 comments:

  1. Well, my kids don't play with Webkins, but I'll put my name in the draw! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love Webkins! They have a certain amount of tv and computer time a day (assuming all work is completed), pretty much all of it is spent on the Webkinz site. They saved webkins dollars and both have a movie studio- they can create plays (including dialogue, etc)with music, etc.
    My oldest son also bought some tomato plants and both "eats" and sells them to get more "money".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both my girls play Webkinz fairly regularly. I've found it's really helped my 6 year old learn money basics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Shannon! You are the winner of a Tim Horton's $5 gift certificate!! Hope you can use it sometime! :) I'll send it to you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yay! Thank-you, Aneta! I LOVE Timmy's coffee!!! I'll use it on my trip down to the convention. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Jesse has discovered that one of her stuffed animals that she bought at a thrift store is actually a Webkinz. She found the website and has made some of the crafts such as a crown and a "hot air" balloon. Looks like she's hooked. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! If you'd like to comment and don't have an account, simply click on Name/URL in the dropdown menu and leave your name (no need to add URL). Thanks for your feedback!